Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering - Professional Cookery
This apprenticeship is for those whose job tasks consist of food preparation and cooking, for craft chefs and sous chefs wanting to progress in their career.
What will I study?
- Managing health, hygiene and safety
- The supervision of a team and team work
- Maintaining and handling knives
- Preparation and cooking of meat, poultry and vegetables for complex dishes
- Preparation and cooking of complex soups and sauces
- Preparation and cooking of complex pastry, cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Kitchen documentation
- Ensuring food safety practices are monitored
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of
evidence to demonstrate competence.
You should have a level two qualification in a relevant subject and be in appropriate employment
Following an advanced apprenticeship could be higher education, an NVQ level four or a foundation degree.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.