Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Retail - Sales and Management Pathways
The advanced apprenticeship is aimed at supervisors, team leaders, department managers or the store manager at a small outlet and has three pathways: Sales, management and visual merchandising.
What will I study?
- Developing productive working relationships with colleagues
- Allocating and checking work in your team
- Organising the receipt and storage of goods
- Auditing stock levels and stock inventories
- Monitoring and helping improve food safety in a retail environment
- Sourcing required goods and services
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through observation, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of
evidence to demonstrate competence and assignments for the technical certificate. There is also a requirement to complete the Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) unit Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) is covered by the mandatory units of the competency element.
You should have a relevant level two qualification and be in appropriate employment.
You could progress into higher education, an NVQ level four or a foundation degree. You could also progress to the Level Three Diploma in Customer Service.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.