Level Three Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
This is a work-based Level 3 certificate in assessing candidates using a range of methods, aimed at those who already have experience in their field.
What will I study?
The course is made up of 2 units:
- Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment 2. Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment.
The course will cover how to put together a portfolio of evidence to Awarding Body standards, including coverage of:
- Writing methods of assessment
- Writing action plans
- How to give constructive feedback
- The types of evidence you can generate from your learners
- What is expected when you are observed giving feedback to your learners
- What is expected from the professional discussion
How will I be assessed?
The final outcome will be a presentation of a portfolio of evidence. Included within this will be a professional discussion and one observation of you assessing a learner and giving feedback.
- Be suitably qualified (preferably one level above) in the subject you will be assessing.
- Have access to at least two candidates who you can plan and assess at least three units with (in total - not three units each).
- Be using at least four assessment methods; one of which must be observation.
Have the services of a qualified assessor in your workplace who will countersign assessments whilst you are a trainee assessor.
- Have the services of an IV who will IV two of the units for you.
In addition, all applicants must be interviewed prior to starting the course.
After you are qualified, you will be able to gain employment as an assessor either in your workplace or in a similar organisation with an internal workforce development scheme.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.