Level Three Award in Computer-aided Design (CAD) 3D
This unit will allow candidates to develop the ability to apply the drafting procedures required to create and modify existing 3D objects, either surfaces or solids, at any position within 3D space.
What will I study?
7 Learning Outcomes:
- Be able to use a CAD workstation safely
- Be able to set the 3D modelling environment
- Be able to construct and edit a 3D surface model
- Be able to construct and edit a 3D solid model
- Be able to apply commands to manipulate a 3D model
- Be able to apply commands to view models in a variety of display formats
- Be able to output a 3D model drawing layout
How will I be assessed?
Two drawing assessments and short answer questions to cover underpinning theory.
How will the course be delivered?
Most of the course content is delivered using tutorial handouts with tutor support as required, allowing learners to progress at their own pace.
City & Guilds 7689 CAD – Level 3: Producing Mechanical Engineering Drawings using CAD techniques (2D) or similar. In the absence of any formal qualifications entry will be at the discretion of the course tutor.
The nature of both the learning and assessment required for the qualification is such that candidates will need basic literacy and numeracy skills i.e. the ability to read and interpret written tasks.
This course would enable you to gain employment as a CAD Technician.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.