Level Three Award in Education and Training (formerly Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector)
The TQUK Level 3 Award in Education and Training (QCF) is an introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification which can be undertaken by individuals who are not yet in a teaching role (pre-service), or are currently teaching (in-service). However, there is a minimum requirement to take part in microteaching.
The qualification is suitable for individuals who:
- Are not yet in a teaching role (pre-service)
- Are in a teaching role, or who have just started a teaching role (in-service)
- Want a short qualification
- Have the potential to study at this level, which has the same level of demand as that of study for A-levels
- Want a qualification without a minimum teaching practice requirement.
You can enrol online for this course.
What will I study?
H/505/0053 (3 Credits)
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
D/505/0052 (6 Credits)
- Understanding and using inclusive learning and teaching approaches in education and training (6 Credits)
R/505/0050 (3 Credits)
- Understanding assessment in education and training
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is carried out through assignments and lesson observations.
To achieve the qualification, candidates must successfully complete the theory and practice assignments covering all four units.
How will the course be delivered?
One of the distinctive features of a course of professional training in education is that the teaching and learning strategies used by tutors are actually part of the content of the course as well as its delivery. Your tutors will often encourage discussion of the methods they use and their effectiveness.
Teacher training courses are delivered through a mixture of workshops, micro-teaching sessions, taught sessions, lectures, independent learning and workplace assessment. In addition, there will be regular tutorials which are held both face-to-face and online.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, but candidates must be considering a subject for delivery and be aiming to achieve or have achieved a qualification and experience for their subject at the appropriate level
- Learners must be at least 19 years of age at certification
- Learners will need good literacy and numeracy skills
- A College interview will be required
Level 4 Certificate and/or the Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
Validated by City & Guilds.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.