Level Three Award in Health and Safety for supervisors
This course has been developed primarily to benefit those working in a supervisory position in order that they can acquire the knowledge and skills required to discharge their health and safety responsibilities. It is relevant to all employment sectors - for example, manufacturing, retail, catering and hospitality, healthcare and local government.
The programme will include:
- Introduction to health and safety
- Accidents in the workplace
- Ill-health in the workplace
- Health and safety organisation and management
- The role of supervisors
What will I study?
Successful completion of the course and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- The terminology used in respect of health and safety
- The benefits of ensuring high standards of health and safety in the workplace
- The principles of risk assessment and its role in a health and safety management system
- Key aspects of the UK legal system for health and safety and enforcement practices
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- The role of personal protective equipment in reducing risk
- The requirements for welfare provision in the workplace
- How to promote a positive health and safety culture
- The importance of consultation and good communication on health and safety
- The need to keep records relating to health and safety matters
- The means of monitoring and effectiveness of control measures
- The role of training in motivating safe behaviour and adherence to health and safety procedures
- The supervisor's role in ensuring compliance with legal and organisational requirements with respect to health and safety
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed through a multiple-choice test.
There are no formal entry requirements, however It would be an advantage to have a level two health and safety qualification, such as the HABC Level Two Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace.
Following this course you might wish to consider further health and safety courses such as the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or the NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.