Level Three Award in Understanding the Principles and Practices of Learning and Development
This unit assesses a delegate's knowledge of the principles and practices of assessment in a learning and development context.
What will I study?
This will help learners understand:
- The principles and requirements of assessment.
- Different types of assessment methods.
- How to plan assessment.
- How to involve learners and others in assessment.
- How to make assessment decisions.
- Own contribution to the quality assurance of assessment.
- How to manage information for assessment of occupational competence.
- The legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment.
How will I be assessed?
Delegates will be assessed by a written assignment and professional discussion.
There are no formal entry requirements.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.