Level Three BTEC 90-Credit Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
This is an ideal course for students wishing to become an Architect, Building Surveyor, Construction Manager, Civil Engineer, Quantity Surveyor or any other professional/technician career pathways in the sector. You will study a range of subjects linked to the above careers.
What will I study?
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and the built environment
- Sustainable construction
- Mathematics in construction and the built environment
- Science and materials in construction and the built environment
- Computer-aided drafting and design for construction
- Design procedures in construction
- Conversion and adaptation of buildings
- Construction design procedures
- Construction design technology
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through a combination of coursework activities, practical work assignments and case studies. All units are assessed and graded and an overall grade for the qualification will be awarded.
- A minimum of two GCSEs grade C or above 4-5
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
The Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Construction, which is available at East Riding College, or another higher education course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.