Level Three BTEC 90-Credit/Extended Diploma in Uniformed Public Services (This course is approved by the Territorial Army)
This is a practical, work-related qualification, which is equivalent to three A-Levels. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about the uniformed public services, you will develop the skills you needed to embark on your chosen career. The course offers an engaging programme and gives you the opportunity to identify a career on successful completion of the course or go on to higher education.
What will I study?
- Citizenship and diversity and the public services
- Government policies and the public services
- Leadership and teamwork in the public services
- Understanding discipline in the public services
- Fitness testing and training
- Planning and management of major incidents
- Skills for land-based and adventurous activities
- Skills for water-based outdoor and adventurous activities
- Crime and its effects on society
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle
- International institutions and human rights
- Understand the impact of war, conflict and terrorism
- Current and media affairs in public services
- Practical team sports
- Instructing physical activity and exercise
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work and observation of a range of practical and skills based tasks and activities.
- Four GCSEs grade A* to C/4-9
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
This course will give you an insight into careers such as the emergency services, the armed forces, HM Coastguard and other uniformed public services. You could progress into higher education such as our Foundation Degree in Public Service Management validated by the University of Hull.
All study programmes contain English and maths elements.
You will undertake work experience as part of this programme
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.