Level Three Certificate in Health and Social Care |Year 1)/ Level Three Extended Diploma Health and Social Care (Year 2)
This course offers the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding in health, and social care. You will have the opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way. The Certificate, equivant to one and a half A-Levels, is completed in the first year with the opproutnity to progress, subject to good progress, on to the Extended Diploma in Year 2, which is equivalent to three A-levels. The qualification is graded A*-D (4-9)
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
A range of units including topics such as:
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Infection prevention and control in health and social care
- Psychological perspectives in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- Reflective practice
Placement in a real work environment is a mandatory element of the Certificate and Extended Diploma.
How will I be assessed?
A variety of assessment methods are used including assignments, presentations, displays and written reports.
There is currently no exams for this qualfictaion, but you will complete an externally assessed reseacrh project.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/4-9 including English language
- Or level two qualification (merit/grade C)
- Or equivalent
Higher education for professions such as nursing or social work, and access to a wide range of careers. These qualifications do not provide a licence to practise, but may support progression into a wide range of job roles in the health and social care sector.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.