Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in Business
This is a work-related course, with projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations and activities found in the world of business. It is a means of gaining a broad understanding of business.
What will I study?
- The business environment
- Business resources
- Introduction to marketing
- Business communication
Fourteen optional units, including
- Creative product promotion
- Market research in business
- Human resource management
- Aspects of the legal system and law-making process
- Managing a business event
- Managing business information
- Fashion retailing
- The impact of communication technology on business
- Website design strategies
- Starting a small business
- Understanding business ethics
- Recruitment and selection in business
- Developing teams in business
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is assignment-based. You will produce reports, presentations, essays and leaflets, and take part in practical tasks and role play. There are no exams or tests.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/4-9 to include English and Maths
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
This qualification could lead to career opportunities in marketing, finance, human resources and management, as well as other business-related careers. You may also progress onto a higher level course, such as the Foundation Degree in Leisure Management or Public Service Management delivered at East Riding College and validated by University of Hull.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.