Level Three Extended Diploma in Creative Media (Games)
This course is for anyone interested in the computer games industry as an artist, or who wishes to study at degree level in a related discipline. The core units provide a broad overview of creating graphics for today's consoles and computer games, while the optional units provide a more in-depth exploration of production techniques.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Pre-production and research techniques
- Creative media production management project
- Working to a brief in the creative media industries
- Understanding the computer games industry
- Computer game platforms and technologies
Plus optional units including:
- 3D modelling
- Drawing concept art for computer games
- Computer game design and story development
- Flash and digital graphics for computer games
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/4 -9 to include English and Maths at grade D/3 or above
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
This qualification gives you access to higher education in the form of a degree or other courses including our related Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificates, Level Five BTEC Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (fashion, graphic design and interactive media pathways also available) and BA Hons in Contemporary Media, Design and Production.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.