Level Three Extended Diploma in Creative Media (Interactive)
This course is for anyone who is interested in employment in the media industry or who wishes to progress to study at degree level in a related discipline.
The core units provide a broad overview of the media industry while the optional units build on this by providing a more in-depth exploration of production techniques. Personal skills are developed alongside team and group assignments.
In addition to extending your knowledge of the media industry, there will be the possibility of work experience and visits to media centres.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Research techniques
- Pre-production techniques
- Working to a brief in the media industries
- Critical approaches to media products
- Understanding the interactive media industry
- Digital graphics for interactive media
Plus specialist units including:
- Web authoring
- Designing idents for television
- Stop motion animation production
- 2D animation production
- Motion graphics and compositing video (special effects)
- Graphic narrative production
- DVD menu design and authoring
- Video production for interactive media
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/4- 9 to include English and Maths at gradwe D/3 or above
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
This qualification gives you access to higher education in the form of a degree or other courses including our related Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificates,
Level Five BTEC Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (fashion, graphic design and interactive media pathways also available),BA Hons in Contemporary Media, Design and Production.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.