Level Three Extended Diploma in Creative Media (TV and Film)
This course is for anyone who is interested in employment in the media industry or who wishes to progress to study at degree level in a related discipline. The core units provide a broad overview of the media industry while the optional units provide a more in-depth exploration of production techniques. There will also be the possibility of work experience and visits to media centres.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Pre-production and research techniques
- Working to a brief in the creative media industries
- Understanding the television and film industries
- Film and video editing techniques
- Critical approaches to creative media products
- Understanding video technology
- Single and multi-camera techniques
- Writing for television and video and film studies
- Music video, advertisement and factual programme production
- Interview techniques for creative media broadcasting
- Presentation for broadcasting
- Soundtrack production for the moving image
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/4- 9 to include English and Maths at grade D/3 or above
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
This qualification gives you access to higher education in the form of a degree or other courses including our related Level Four BTEC Higher National Certificates, Level Five BTEC Higher National Diploma in Art and Design (fashion, graphic design and interactive media pathways also available), BA Hons in Contemporary Media, Design and Production.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.