UAL Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Performing & Production Arts
The Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Performing & Production Arts are designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and understanding necessary to access and progress to degree level study or employment in the performing arts. They provide an opportunity for those who have an interest in the performing arts to explore, develop and test their creativity within a qualification structure which is stimulating, demanding and provides a supportive transition from general to more specialised study.
It is generally delivered over one year and will enable learners to develop a portfolio of work that could support progression into a range of higher education courses. Most learners will progress to the UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing and Production Arts.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Principles of performance
- Engaging with an audience
- Introduction to professional practice
- Critical and contextual awareness
- Production skills and context
- Performance skills and context
- Preparation for specialist study
- Collaborative performance project
- Developing performance and production skills
- Preparing for progression
- Exploration of specialist study and context
- Extended project (Level 3)
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
- Four GCSEs grade A* to C/4-9 to include English
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
The course is ideal if you're planning to progress to higher education in acting, musical theatre, and dance, as well as areas including stage management, performing arts, media, live music and touring, production and events management. It can also help you to pursue a career in the performing arts, whether as a singer, dancer, actor or musical theatre performer.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.