Level Three BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Sport/National Extended Diploma in Sport
This course is for anyone wishing to pursue a career in outdoor education or leading outdoor and adventurous
activities or fitness training and testing or sports coaching or who wishes to progress to industry-recognized qualifications
or degree level study in a related discipline. The core units provide a broad overview of working in the sport and outdoor adventure industry while the optional units build on this by providing a more in-depth exploration of specific techniques. This course is equally suitable for school leavers and mature students.
What will I study?
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Sports Leadership
- Practical Sports Performance
- Application of Fitness Testing
- Coaching for Performance
All study programmes contain English and maths elements. You will undertake work experience as part of this programme.
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through a combination of external examinations and internally assessed assignments and practical activities. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations.
- A Level Two BTEC Extended Certificate in Sport at merit level or above
- Four GCSEs at grades A*-C/4-9 including Maths and English
- Appropriate work experience
- Successful interview demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- An initial assessment
- References to support your application
You could go on to employment in the sport and leisure industry obtain a sports apprenticeship or progress onto a higher education course. If you decide to go onto higher education you could take a degree in subjects such as sports studies, leisure management, sports coaching and teacher training or our Foundation Degree (FdSc) in Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences and BSc (Hons) Sports, Coaching and Health Sciences (Top-up).
All study programmes contain English and maths elements.
You will undertake work experience as part of this programme.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.