Level Three BTEC Foundation/Extended Diploma in Uniformed Protective Services
This is a practical, work-related qualification, which is equivalent to one and half/three A-levels. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about the uniformed public services, you will develop the skills you needed to embark on your chosen career. The course offers an engaging programme and gives you the opportunity to identify a career on successful completion of the course or go on to higher education.
What will I study?
- Citizenship and Diversity (Pearson-set)
- Behaviour and Discipline in the Uniformed Protective Services (externally assessed).
- Physical Preparation, Health and Wellbeing
- Teamwork, Leadership and Communication in the Uniformed Protective Services
- Skills for Outdoor Activities and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Professional Development in the Uniformed Protective Services
6 Units from the list below:
- Global Affairs, the Media and the Uniformed Protective Services
- Government and the Protective Services (Externally assessed)
- Planning for and Responding to Emergency Incidents
- Custodial Care
- Introduction to Criminology
- Police Powers and the Law
- Principles of Managing Security Threats
- Criminal Investigation Procedures and Practice
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work and observation of a range of practical and skills based tasks and activities.
- Four GCSEs grade A* to C/4-9
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
You can only progress to the Extended Diploma after completing the Foundation Diploma.
Interviews for full time courses starting in September are postponed, but don't worry - applicants will instead be given a formal offer of a place on a suitable course. Other entry requirements still apply.
Where you meet the entry requirements for your chosen course you will be accepted.
Where you do not meet the entry requirements for your chosen course, we guarantee you a place on a suitable alternative. See How to Apply for further details.
This course will give you an insight into careers such as the emergency services, the armed forces, HM Coastguard and other uniformed public services. You could progress into higher education, such as our Foundation Degree in Public Service Management validated by the University of Hull.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.