Level Three BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
Construction and the built environment is an ideal course for students wishing to become an Architect, Building Surveyor, Construction Manager, Civil Engineer or Quantity Surveyor, or who is interested in other professional and technician career pathways in the sector. You will study a range of subjects linked to the above careers.
What will I study?
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and the built environment
- Sustainable construction
- Science and materials in construction and the built environment
- Construction in civil engineering
- Building technology in construction
- Building services science
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through a combination of coursework activities, practical work assignments and case studies. All units are assessed and graded and an overall grade for the qualification will be awarded.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/ 4-9
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
You could progress onto the Level Three 90-Credit Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.