Level Three Certificate in Learning and Development
Level three is ideal if you are working in training and development and have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of ensuring work meets the required standard.
What will I study?
- Understanding principles and practices of learning and development
- Reflect on and improve own practice in learning and development
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Identify individual learning and development needs
- Plan and prepare specific learning and development opportunities
- Develop and prepare resources for learning and development
- Engage learners in the learning and development process
- Evaluate and improve learning and development provision
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
- Assess occupational competence in the work environment
- Assess vocational skills, knowledge and understanding
- Provide information and advice to learners and employers
- Engage with employers to develop and support learning provision
- Understanding the employing organisation
How will I be assessed?
Different units in the qualification will include different assessment requirements and methods- observation, assignment, knowledge questions, professional discussion and the production of a portfolio containing product evidence.
How will the course be delivered?
You will be required to attend an induction then the tutor will make appointments to meet with you usually in the workplace.
You will be observed delivering training and assessment with your learners in the workplace.
The assignment work will be monitored by the tutor by regular review meetings and also communicating electronically. For this you could meet at in the College Learning Resource Centre to give you opportunity to access books and journals.
Review meetings and professional discussions will take place in a quiet area either at the workplace or at College whichever is most convenient.
There are no entry requirements.
These qualifications allow progression into employment or on to Level Four Diploma in Learning and Development. Since many of the units that form the Level Three Certificate are also in the Level Four Diploma and therefore it will enable “vertical progression” to the next level.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.