Level Three Diploma in Beauty Therapy Techniques
This course covers the more advanced areas of beauty therapy and builds on the skills learned in the level two beauty therapy course.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Working with colleagues
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication
- Promoting and selling products and services to clients
- Providing body massage
- Providing facial electrotherapy treatments
- Providing body electrotherapy treatments
- Providing massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Providing indian head massage
- Applying micro-dermabrasion
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/4-9
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
This qualification could help you gain employment in beauty salons, health farms and fitness centres; as a representative for a cosmetics company; on board luxury cruise liners; in the arts and entertainment industry; with beauty consultancies; and in your own business.
Additional mandatory qualifications for 16 to 18-year-old learners:
- Functional skills
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.