Level Three Diploma in Counselling Skills 'Fast Track'
This is an ideal qualification for those seeking to enhance their functional role through the use of counselling skills. It is also useful for those seeking a career change and wanting to develop as a professional counsellor and for anyone offering help on a one to one basis. It should be noted that this Certificate is not a ‘license’ to practice as a counsellor.
This qualification is ideal for individuals who would like to:
- Develop their knowledge of Counselling Skills for use in work or personal relationships
- Enhance career prospects, or progression to further training
- Update CPD (continuous professional development) Portfolio
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Develop an understanding of the theories that inform personal and social change
This course is offered at Beverley on Monday 10 January, 2022, Course Code PF210/1C01,Wednesday, 12 January 2022, 4.30pm to 9pm, Course Code PF016/1C01 or Friday, 14 January 2022, 12noon to 4.30pm, Course Code PF211/1C01
At Bridlington on Tuesday, 11 January, 4pm to 9pm, Course Code PS010/1C01
For more information on how to enrol on this course, telephone 0345 120 0044
What will I study?
This qualification has 5 mandatory units, these are;
- Unit 1: Developing and practising counselling skills
- Unit 2: Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 3: Working ethically with counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and diversity.
- Unit 5: Counselling skills and personal development
How will I be assessed?
- This qualification is internally assessed and externally moderated.
- Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates they have met the standards associated with each unit.
- 18 years of age
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or equivalent or evidence of work/voluntary experience in a related field such as Health and Social Care, the Care Sector
Foundation Degree in Counselling Practice; Level Four Diploma in Counselling; Access to other HE courses
For further information and to arrange an interview email CounsellingCPD@eastridingcollege.ac.uk or contact learner services on 0345 120 0044
This is a vocational course that requires 80% attendance. It is not a licence to practice.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.