Level Three Diploma in Counselling Skills 'Fast Track'
This is an ideal qualification for those seeking to enhance their functional role through the use of counselling skills. It is also useful for those seeking a career change and wanting to develop as a professional counsellor and for anyone offering help on a one to one basis. It should be noted that this Certificate is not a ‘license’ to practice as a counsellor.
This qualification is ideal for individuals who would like to: -
- Develop their knowledge of Counselling Skills for use in work or personal relationships
- Enhance career prospects, or progression to further training
- Update CPD (continuous professional development) Portfolio
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Develop an understanding of the theories that inform personal and social change
This course will be held on a Friday afternoon 12noon to 4.30pm, with an occastional Saturday morning.This course will be completed by July 2019 allowing the opportunity to then apply for the Level Four in Counselling starting in September 2019.
What will I study?
This qualification has 5 mandatory units, these are; -
- Unit 1: Developing and practising counselling skills
- Unit 2: Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 3: Working ethically with counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and diversity.
- Unit 5: Counselling skills and personal development
How will I be assessed?
- This qualification is internally assessed and externally moderated.
- Each candidate is required to create a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates they have met the standards associated with each unit.
- 18 years of age
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or equivalent or evidence of work/voluntary experience in a related fields such as Health and Social Care, the Care Sector
Foundation Degree in Counselling Practice; Level Four Diploma in Counselling; Access to other HE courses
For further information and to arrange an interview email CounsellingCPD@eastridingcollege.ac.uk or contact learner services on 0345 120 0044
This is a vocational course that requires 80% attendance. It is not a licence to practice.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.