Level Three Diploma in Electrical Installations
The qualification covers many areas within Electrotechnical technology, units such as principles of electrical science, electrical installations technology and health and safety within building services engineering. Candidates will be assessed by on-demand multiple choice tests (available through the City & Guilds assessment platform e-volve) and practical assignments.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Health and safety in building services engineering - practical and theory training
- Principles of electrical science - theory based with practical demo’s
- Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning - practical and theory training
- Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification - practical and theory training
- Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems - theory based
- Electrical systems design - practical and theory training
- Career awareness in building services engineering - theory based
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is via practical synoptic, theoretical exams and online exams.
Level Two Diploma in electrical Installations and Level Two English and maths.
Completion of this course may act as a good preparation for an apprenticeship or as a stepping stone into the construction industry in a related role. You could also progress onto the HNC in Construction.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.