Level Three Diploma in Health and Social Care for Adults
This course covers a broad spectrum of optional units to construct bespoke qualifications for the workplace. There are three pathways to choose from: the generic qualification pathway, the Dementia pathway and the learning disabilities pathway.
What will I study?
There are three pathways available for the course:
- Generic qualification pathway
- Dementia pathway
- Learning disabilities pathway
Learners will be required to take on mandatory units and optional units. Here is a list of some of these courses:
Mandatory units - Group A:
- Promote communication in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings
Optional units - Group B - Specialist knowledge:
- Understand the process and experience of dementia
- Understand mental well-being and mental health promotion
- Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Causes and spread of infection
- Understand positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
Optional units - Group C - Competence units:
- Enable rights and choices of individuals with dementia whilst minimising risks
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care practice
- Promote active support
How will I be assessed?
Learners will be assessed through an electronic portfolio, and written tests, questioning and observation in the workplace.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Learners on a level three course will be able to progress onto an access course for nursing.
This course is enrolling now. Please visit the College Reception to enrol.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.