Level Three Diploma in Retail (Management)
The programme has been designed for those who are employed and have already developed the necessary skills and knowledge through your Retail work experience. The programme identifies the required competencies and helps you develop and demonstrate their management skills for effective operation within a retail environment as a section or store manager.
What will I study?
- Work effectively in your retail organisation
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Allocate and check work in your team
- Organise the receipt and storage of goods
- Audit stock levels and stock inventories
- Monitor and help improve food safety in a retail environment
- Source required goods and services
- Maintain the availability of goods for sale
- Plan, monitor and adjust staffing levels and schedules
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of service provided by external suppliers
- Organise the delivery of reliable customer service
- Improve customer relationship
- Work with others to improve customer service
- Monitor and solve customer service problems
- Promote continuous improvement in customer service
- Help to monitor and maintain the security of the retail unit
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of retail operations
- Recruit, select and keep colleagues
- Provide learning opportunities for colleagues
- Evaluate the receipt of payments from customers
- Monitor and maintain health and safety in a retail environment
How will I be assessed?
The course is assessed through observations, underpinning knowledge questions and the development of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence. You will be provided with the course materials.
There are no formal entry requirements,however some units will require the learner to be 16/18+
- Level Three NVQ Diploma in Customer Service
- Level Four NVQ Diploma in Management
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.