Level Three Diploma in Site Carpentry
This College-based qualification is a hands-on, practical course, which is studied by people who want to be employed as site joiners. The course consists of eight units, which are broken into underpinning knowledge and practical units.
If you work in the industry, you can build this course up into a full NVQ qualification by obtaining evidence of your abilities. For more information about this, ask to speak to a tutor.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part-time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- How to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- First and second fixing operations
- Erecting complex structural carcasing components
- Maintaining non-structural and structural components
- Setting up and using fixed and transportable machinery
How will I be assessed?
Each unit has an end test. You will also do a practical assignment and an online test based on the eight units.
- Level Two Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery
- or NVQ Level Two in Carpentry and Joinery
You could progress onto the Level Four Higher National Certificate in Construction. This qualification is an advanced level qualification that covers complex practical activities and would be attractive to employers in industry or in a related trade. Studying at this level may also be attractive to employers outside of the construction industry, demonstrating sound problem-solving skills and academic ability.
You could also progress onto courses such as Level Two Intermediate or Level Three Advanced Apprenticeship in Site Carpentry or go into employment in the industry.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.