Level Three Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
This qualification is for those who are working within the areas of fitness training, coaching, rehabilitation or those with existing massage skills who wish to develop a technical specialism.
The aim of the Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to provide sports massage therapy to a range of clients who have dysfunctional tissue, (but without acute/post-acute injuries or underlying pathological conditions.)
The course will provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to:
• Assess clients and construct a sports massage treatment plan.
• Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction.
• Understand how to determine the appropriate techniques for specific clients.
• Apply a range of sports massage techniques and understand their effects on the body.
What will I study?
1. Anatomy and physiology for sports massage
2. Principles of health and fitness
3. Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction
4. Professional practice in sports massage
5. Sports massage treatments
How will I be assessed?
Assessment for this course is via a combination of assignments, tests, client documentation and observations of practical sports massage activities.
How will the course be delivered?
Since the course is a combination of theory and skills acquisition, it is delivered using a range of on-line resources, taught theory sessions and supervised practical sessions.
Learners will be expected to continue their studies outside college time to ensure that all the required theory is covered using resources supplied by the College.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.