Level Three VRQ Diploma in Women's Hairdressing
This course builds on the hairdressing skills learned in the VRQ level two and other level two courses. Candidates will have an understanding of the vocational skills and knowledge required.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety practice in the salon
- Consultation support for colleagues on hair services
- Styling and dressing hair using a variety of techniques
Optional units. Minimum of 26 credits required:
- Cutting women’s hair to create a variety of looks
- Perming hair to create a variety of looks
- Colouring hair to create a variety of looks
- Creative hairdressing design skills
- Promoting and selling products and services to clients
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is through observation of practical skills carried out on paying customers in the salon environment, graded through pass, merit and distinction. Learners also participate in written and oral questioning or online multi-choice tests.
- Four GCSEs grade A*-C/4 -9
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
This qualification could help you gain employment in salons as a stylist or establish your own salon or home visit service.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.