Level Three Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
- As an Engineering Technician in the Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Sector, you will predominantly be involved in highly skilled, complex work and must, as a minimum be able to:
-Apply safe systems of working
-Make a technical contribution to either the design, development, quality assurance, manufacture, installation, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, systems, processes or services
-Apply proven techniques and procedures to solve engineering/manufacturing problems
-Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in communicating both technical and non-technical information
-Have a commitment to continued professional development
Engineering Technicians take responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake within the limits of their personal authority. They also need to be able to demonstrate a core set of behaviours in order to be competent in their job role, complement wider business strategy and development. This will enable them to support their long term career development.
What will I study?
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 2 Diploma in Machining (Foundation Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Machining
- Level 3 Diploma in Machining (Development Knowledge)
- Knowledge, skills and behaviours based around Engineering and the route chosen for the apprenticehisp in preparation for the End Point Assessment.
How will I be assessed?
A range of multiple-choice examinations, professional discussions, and practical/theory assessments
A Grade 3 or D GCSE in English and Maths, L2 Engineering qualification or relevant equivalent experience.
HNC in Engineering
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.