Level Three Diploma/Extended Diploma in Travel and Tourism
The level three extended diploma creates a balance between practical and theory-based units to support anyone interested in starting out in the industry. This course is for those that have already completed the Level Three Diploma in Travel and Tourism and will look at more managerial units of study in order for you to progress to higher education or attain a higher level qualification to help you gain employment as a supervisor or manager within the industry. You learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. As well as learning about the employment area you have chosen, you develop the skills you need to start or progress a career. Learners will benefit from working with industry partners.
What will I study?
- Developing people in travel and tourism
- Work placement in travel and tourism
- Promotions and sales
- Holiday park hosts
- Tourism in the UK
- Worldwide travel and tourism destinations
- Worldwide adventure tourism
- Principles of marketing
- Overseas representatives
- Conference and events operations
- Special interest and independent travel
- Investigating the cruise industry
- Principles of supervising customer service
- Travel and tourism legislation
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work (practical theory) and observation of tasks and activities.
- Four GCSEs grade A* to C/4-9 to include English
- Or level two diploma (merit)
- Or first diploma (merit)
- Or NVQ level two
- Or equivalent
This course prepares you for a range of employment opportunities in the travel and tourism industry, such as travel agents, air cabin crew, overseas representatives and holiday park hosts. If you would like to take your education further, you may wish to progress onto university to complete a foundation degree or degree in a travel and tourism related subject.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.