Level Three Learning and Development Practitioner Apprenticeship
The Level 3 Learning and Development Practitioner is designed for those who are involved with identifying training needs and finding training and learning solutions. Often they will be involved in sourcing appropriate delivery models but they may also be involved with the design of learning programmes whether face to face, blended, e-learning or digital. Individuals working within these roles will tend to have a good understanding of the organisation's strategies and will be able to match organisational need to training solutions.
What will I study?
- Developing yourself as an effective human resources of learning and development practitioner
- Understanding organisations and the role of human resources
- Recording, analysing and using human resources information
Optional units will be discussed to match the apprenticeship with the job role. A choice of units can be selected
How will I be assessed?
The End Point Assessment for this Apprenticeship comprises of two parts.
Part 1 is a work based project which is submitted to the End Point Assessment organisation for marking and is follow by a professional discussion, lasting 60 minutes.
Part 2 is a 20 minute presentation which presents key points from the Learning Journal followed by a 25 minute Q and A. Ideally both parts of the End Point Assessment are taken on the same day either face to face or using video technology.
The optional Level 3 CIPD qualification is assessed via 6 assignments.
How will the course be delivered?
- 1 to 1 support
- Progress review
- Visits to the workplace
- No exam for CIPD qualification, assignment based via 6 assignments
- Weekly classes to cover elements of the qualification as well as the underpinning knowledge of the standard
- Preparation of the training programme project which forms part of the EPA
- Completion of a learning journal which forms an integral part of the Q and A element of the End Point Assessment
CIPD memberships required if the candidate elects to do this qualification.
The apprentice will be working in a training and development function, or possibly within an HR function. Ideally the candidate will have a Level 2 in English and Maths (GSCE grade 4 or above), however this is not essential as this can be included as part of the apprenticeship.
Level 5 Learning and Development Consultant / Business Partner
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.