NEBOSH Level Three General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The NEBOSH General Certificate is relevant to every workplace, the NEBOSH National General Certificate is ideal for managers, supervisors and anybody with health and safety management responsibilities. It’s also perfect for those embarking on a health and safety career and gives you a stepping stone to success.
All costs include exam fees and course materials. Payment plans are available on request, allowing you to spread the cost.
Study with one of the region’s leading NEBOSH course providers, delivering outstanding exam results at our central Hull location. Delivered by experienced and qualified tutors who are experts in NEBOSH examinations and good exam technique. Our recent exam pass rate was 92%, of which a third of students got a Distinction! We don’t just teach you to pass the exams, you will exit the course also having a solid foundation of knowledge to help you learn:
- How to effectively manage health and safety
- How to identify and control common workplace hazards
- How to measure if you’ve been successful
- The UK’s key legal requirements
On successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Confidently carry out risk assessments
- Develop and implement a detailed action plan
- Manage and minimise workplace risks
- Support and develop your company’s health and safety culture
This course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK. It also deals with a wide range of workplace hazards and how these can be controlled. The course is highly beneficial to non-health and safety professionals, such as managers in Production, Engineering, Operations, Facilities and other Operational roles who have a significant involvement in hands-on management of health and safety risks. The course is also popular with Safety Representatives, both Trade Union or non-affiliated.
To find out more or to enrol and pay online, go to our main health and safety courses page
This course is available on Monday 11 September 2023, Monday 8 January 2024 and Monday 15 April 2024, all 9am to 5pm at the St James Centre, Hull.
Please note- for the September start, there will be no session during half term (30 October). For the January start, there will be no session during half term (12 February) or Easter Monday (1 April). For the April start, there will be no session on 6 May or 27 May.
What will I study?
The National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is divided into two units:
- NG1 Management of Health and Safety
- NG2 Risk Assessment
How will I be assessed?
This modern qualification combines activities, learning and interactive materials to provide you with an interesting and engaging experience. It focuses on key skills that means you can instantly apply the knowledge you gain and add value to your organisation.
Assessment is a two-step process:
- NG1 – A digital assessment which you will have 24 hours to access, complete and submit. Additionally there is a closing interview, you will be asked questions about your submission.
- NG2 - A practical risk assessment to assess what you can do (3 hours). Learners will complete a risk assessment and develop an action plan for their workplace – this is immediately useful and valuable.
Assessments are marked by external examiners appointed by NEBOSH. These examiners are chosen for their experience and expertise to ensure that learners are assessed by the very best from our industry.
How will the course be delivered?
The course is delivered on Mondays over a 12-week period. There will be 11 days of classes, followed by a full day of revision and exam preparation which is included free of charge.
None required, although a reasonable standard of literacy is needed and the NEBOSH recommendation is that learners undertaking this qualification should have a minimum standard of English equivalent to an International English Language Testing (IELTS) of 6.0 or higher.
For further information please see the latest version of the IELTS Handbook or consult the IELTS website.
A chart mapping IELTS scores to the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFR) can be found on the British Council and IELTS websites:
The course is suitable for anyone with a remit or responsibility for safety/site safety within their organisation. This could include production managers, engineering managers, facilities managers, operations managers or team leaders in sectors such as manufacturing, engineering and construction.
Validated by NEBOSH
- This course is eligible for funding under the ELC scheme (Enhanced Learning Credits). This is a scheme which aims to provide members of the armed forces with training opportunities, helping them integrate back into civilian life. Up to 80% of the cost of the course can be claimed through this scheme if you are eligible. Please see www.enhancedlearningcredits.com for further information.
- The above applies to the NGC Day/Evening and the NEBOSH Fire course.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.