NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
This course covers the main legal requirements for health and safety in the UK. It also deals with a range of workplace hazards and methods of control. The course will be beneficial to non-specialists who require sound initial training leading to a basic recognised qualification. To include managers and supervisors, safety representatives and representatives of employee safety.
To find out more or to enrol and pay online, go to our main health and safety courses page.
All costs include exam fees and course material.
The course will complete on 24 July and the exam on 7 August 2017.
What will I study?
Three units as follows:
Unit NGC1 - Management of health and safety
- Foundations in health and safety (Health and safety law)
- Organising for health and safety
- Promoting a postive health and safety culture
- Risk assessment
- Principles of control
- Monitoring, review and audit
- Incident and accident investigation and reporting
Unit NGC2 - Controlling workplace hazards
- Movement of people and vehicles
- Manual and mechanical handling
- Work equipment
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards
- Physical and psychological health hazards
- Construction activities
Unit NGC3 - Practical assessment
How will I be assessed?
You must pass two written papers for NGC Unit and NGC Unit 2 plus the practical assessment NGC Unit 3. The practical assessment is normally carried out at your place of work on completion of the course.
Following successful completion of the course you could progress on to:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
- NEBOSH Fire Safety and Risk Management Certificate
- NEBOSH Diploma in Environmental Management
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.