Level Three Senior Production Chef Apprenticeship
Senior production chefs may lead a brigade team or may support the head chef in larger establishments. They report activities to the Head chef or appropriate line manager. They supervise production chef teams in a variety of kitchen environments, for example, schools, hospitals, the Armed Forces, care homes and high street casual dining or pub kitchens. Job roles include, Head chef, Second Chef, Kitchen Manager / Supervisor, Cook. Senior production chefs have accountability for the day-to-day running of the kitchen service, producing, monitoring and maintaining consistent food standards, legislative requirements and quality across all areas and during all stages of production and supply.
What will I study?
- Supervise and contribute to the production of centrally developed standardised recipes and menus
- Supervise the production of dishes to meet specific dietary requirements
- Complete, monitor and maintain food safety management systems (which include delivery, storage, cooking and service) and work equipment
- Identify training needs and assist in the recruitment of kitchen personnel
- Maintain the catering operating budget using nominated suppliers and ensuring the control of waste.
- Support cost reduction, improve performance, revenue, profit margins and customers’ experience
- Monitor service to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Lead team briefings/meetings
How will I be assessed?
- End Point Assessment
- Practical assessment
- Theory test
- Professional discussion
- Business project
How will the course be delivered?
The delivery will be a mixture of work-based training and progress assessment mixed with college taught sessions throughout the programme week on Wednesday / Thursdays to support the 20% off the job training requirement.
Entry requirements to be set by employers, but previous achievement of Level 2 production chef or a minimum of 12 months relevant industry experience.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.