Level Two AAT Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
The AAT book-keeping course is a short qualification at Level 2 which provides an excellent introduction to basic accounting techniques for students of all ages who have little previous knowledge or experience in accounting. The course can be undertaken by students who wish to progress through the three levels of the AAT Education and Training Scheme to become accounting technicians.
This course will:
- Start to develop skills in manual double entry bookkeeping system and associated documents and processes
- Develop skills to extract an initial trial balance
- Develop knowledge and skills to deal with documents that are sent to and from organisations
- Understand the role of the books of prime entry
For information on how to enrol please telephone 0345 120 0044
What will I study?
The following units:
- Principles of recording and processing financial transactions
- Preparing and recording financial documentation
- Processing ledger transactions and extracting a trial balance
How will I be assessed?
In order to successfully complete the programme, participants will be expected to undertake a computer-based assessment at the end of the programme of learning which is marked automatically with a provisional result available immediately.
The nature of the course and the different work-experience of students make it difficult to define specific entry requirements. The appropriate level of entry is best negotiated between the student and the course tutor.
Successful students may progress onto the Level 2 AAT Certificate in Accounting (Foundation), which the College runs.
All AAT learners need to register as an AAT student on the AAT website which does incur an additional annual AAT registration fee. Your tutor will provide more information on registering with the AAT once you are enrolled on the course or visit the AAT website www.aat.org.uk.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.