Level Two AAT Certificate in Accounting
The Level Two AAT Certificate in Accounting (foundation) provides an excellent introduction to basic accounting techniques for students of all ages who have little previous knowledge or experience in accounting.
The course can be undertaken by students who wish to progress through the three levels of the AAT Education and Training Scheme to become accounting technicians.
This course will:
- Start to develop skills in double entry bookkeeping
- Provide knowledge of basic costing principles
- Aid discovery of how to use manual and computerised accounting systems
- Develop skills in how to work with purchases, sales and general ledgers
- Prepare an individual of how to work effectively in an accounting environment
- Prepare the student for more advanced work at Intermediate level.
This course is available on a Monday 10 September, 1pm to 4pm at Beverley or Hull, Tuesday 11 September, 6pm to 9pm at Bridlington or Thursday 13 September, 6pm to 9pm at Beverley.
What will I study?
The following units:
- Processing bookkeeping transactions
- Control accounts, journals and the banking system
- Basic costing
- Working effectively in accounting and finance
- Computerised accounting
How will I be assessed?
In order to successfully complete the programme, participants will be expected to undertake a computer-based assessment for each module of learning. Most assessment are marked automatically with a provisional result available immediately. Plus additional synoptic assessment
The nature of the course and the different work-experience of students make it difficult to define specific entry requirements.
The appropriate level of entry is best negotiated between the student and the course tutor. However for the vast majority of students, this will be certificate level.
Successful students may progress on to the Level Three AAT Diploma which the College runs .
All AAT learners need to register as an AAT student on the AAT website which does incur an additional one off admission fee plus an annual AAT registration fee. Your tutor will provide more information on registering with the AAT once you are enrolled on the course or visit the AAT website www.aat.org.uk.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.