Level Two Award in Computer Aided Design Parametric Modelling
A new intermediate level course is ideal for students wishing to gain a qualification. The course aims to supply the candidate with a broad level of understanding in the use of computer aided design and practical skills development of parametric CAD and the 3D CAD environment.
The Software you will be using is Autodesk Inventor.
Course Code D0193G2FEA.
If you are interested in this course please contact Lily Robson, Robsonli@eastridingcollege.ac.uk, 01262 455167.
What will I study?
- Use associated IT, CAD hardware and operating systems
- Use basic file management techniques and maintain health and safety requirements
- Understand the parametric modelling process, the user interface and how to access help and tutorials
- Use a range of commands to create and constrain sketches
- Use the range of commands to produce extruded and revolved features
- Use placed features to modify parametric models
- Use methods to create assemblies
- Use the drawing layout environment to produce hard copies
How will I be assessed?
The outcomes from this unit will be assessed using evidence from two set assignments and an online multiple-choice question paper.
Candidates should show a reasonable level of ICT, Numeracy, English Language and Literacy skills.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.