Level Two Award in Health and Safety in Health and Social Care
This qualification is specifically targeted at employees working in hospitals and care homes in the public and private sectors and provides candidates with a broad understanding and knowledge of health and safety in the health and social care sector.
Course aims are:
- The role of health and safety in health and social care settings
- The principles of risk assessment
- The role of hygiene in food safety and infection control
What will I study?
This course will include:
- Introduction to health and safety
- Health and safety law
- Preventing ill-health
- Safety – accident prevention
- Risk assessment
- Hygiene hazards
- Personal hygiene
- Cleaning and disinfection
How will I be assessed?
Multiple choice examination.
There are no formal entry requirements.
You could move onto more advanced health and safety courses, such as IOSH Managing Safely Certificate or the NEBOSH Level Three General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.