Level Two Award in Health and Safety in the Hair and Beauty Sector
This is a preparation for work qualification which tests your knowledge and which is designed to be taken alongside a technical qualification, through which application of the health and safety knowledge can be demonstrated. It covers awareness of the risks in the salon, knowing how to identify them and the responsibilities to deal with them.
What will I study?
Students will learn the knowledge required to perform safe and hygienic services within the hair and beauty sector; including:
• Health and safety legislation, codes of practice and workplace policies
• Employers’ and employees’ health and safety responsibilities
• Hazards that can occur in a salon
• Risk management
• Personal presentation and hygiene
• Salon hygiene methods and infection control
• Purpose and suitability of personal protective equipment
• Accident and emergency procedures
• Procedures for reporting and dealing with emergencies
• Types of fire fighting equipment
How will I be assessed?
Knowledge and understanding assessed by an on-line test or an assignment.
There are no formal entry requirements.
This qualification allows progression onto other related level two and three qualifications in beauty therapy, hairdressing and barbering.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.