Level Two Award in Principles of Carbon Management
Carbon management is fast becoming a key issue for any industry using vast amounts of energy. This qualification is complementary to many industry jobs, particularly, but not exclusively, within manufacturing, processing, transport, and engineering. Anyone part of an organisational shift towards better carbon management would find this qualification a useful introduction. Understanding the drivers and benefits of managing carbon output will raise awareness of the 'green agenda'. The knowledge to reduce your own and organisational carbon usage will enable learners to reduce energy bills while sustaining a cleaner environment for future generations to enjoy.
What will I study?
- Understanding the effects of climate change
- The difference between weather and climate
- Climate variability and climate change
- Identifying the trend of global average temperature
- The effect of drivers of climate change
- The predicted impact of climate change
- The terms adaptation and mitigation
How will I be assessed?
Candidates must successfully complete one short answer question paper.
There are no entry requirements.
- Level Three Award in Environmental Technologies
- Employment opportunities within the renewables sector
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.