Level Two Award in the Maintenance of Electric Vehicles
This qualification is the first of its kind to address hybrid electric vehicle technology. It has been developed to ensure the safety of technicians working on high voltage hybrid vehicles.
In addition, this qualification provides knowledge and skills essential for members of the emergency services, who may attend an accident involving a high voltage hybrid vehicle.
What will I study?
- Hybrid system components and operation
- How to work safely on hybrid and related vehicle systems
- How to carry out maintenance and repair activities when working on hybrid vehicles
- Construction and function of battery modules and related components
- Hybrid drive train layouts
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed via a multiple choice on line test and a practical task which will cover all aspects of MAC refrigerant handling.
All equipment will be provided by the College for this course.
There are no formal entry requirements.
You may wish to progress to one of the College's advanced electric vehicle courses
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.