Level Two Award in Social Media for Business
This course is aimed at those who are self-employed, recently unemployed (less than six months) and those who are employees of small to medium-sized companies who need to develop their on-line marketing skills and knowledge. It will focus on the capabilities of social networking technologies, such as Facebook, Twitter and Google +, and their potential uses in developing brand-awareness.
You will learn about a broad range of social media platforms, including how to create, publish and manage content, as well as how to monitor audience reach and engagement. This course is particularly focused on developing appropriate approaches to social network usage in business, based on individual needs.
What will I study?
The course is accredited and will comprise two units:
- Principles for social networking for business
- Social networking for business
These will provide first the underlying principles and strategic considerations, before applying theory in practice. There will be emphasis on associated content creation skills and techniques throughout the programme.
Topics will include:
- Concepts and platforms of social networking
- Applications and social networking strategies for business
- Developing policies for social media usage in business
- Legal and ethical considerations
- Profile administration
- Content creation, management and publishing
- Reporting and analysis
- Reviewing success of social networking for business
There are no formal entry requirements, but familiarity with the Windows 7 OS is advantageous.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.