Level Two Extended Certificate in Creative Media Production
This course aims to teach the fundamentals of research skills which underpin all media production; a basic understanding of employment opportunities, job requirements and working practices in the media industry; and an understanding of how media products are constructed for specific audiences or markets.
What will I study?
- Digital media sectors and audiences (external exam)
- Planning and pitching a digital media product
- Media Industry in context (external exam)
Optional Specialist Units:
- Digital moving image production
- Animation for digital media
- Website production
- Digital games production
- Digital editing for moving image
- Digital audio editing
- Graphic design for digital media
- Digital art for a media product
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 or above to include Maths at grade E/2 or above
- Or level one diploma
- Or introductory diploma
- Or NVQ level one
- Or equivalent
Successful learners who gain a distinction or a high merit can progress onto the Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (Interactive Media), Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (Games Development) Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma in Creative Media Production (TV and Film), or an equivalent level three qualification.
The course prepares you for employment in roles such as a junior web developer or television production assistant.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.