Level Two BTEC Diploma in Music Industry Skills - Technology/Production
The level two course explores all the relevant areas of skills development in the modern music technology and production industry. The modern music industry is seeing a vast amount of home-based music producers, engineers and content creators earning royalties and lucrative contracts via platforms such as Tik Tok, YouTube & Instagram. This course is designed to build your knowledge in self-producing technology products and sound engineering; giving you the skills to define an independent / freelance career in audio manipulation. Further to this, the course provides you the opportunity to develop your brand and the skills in marketing your technology product(s) in both the physical and digital markets.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over.
For more information on fees, for those 19 and over, contact the reception on 0345 120 0044 and ask for a guidance officer or alternatively email [email protected]
Course Code PJ107/1
What will I study?
Four main areas of study throughout the ONE year course, which include:
- Professional development – including Exploring music styles, portfolio creation and self-promotion
- Studio / live production – Project based work exploring Audio and MIDI in a studio environment
- Studio / live engineering – Project based work exploring equipment and techniques for a live sound environment
- Final Major Project – You will work to a given ‘commercial brief’ in which you will provide a tech product using all the creative and technical skills you’ve developed over the course.
How will I be assessed?
This course is assessed through practical activities, presentation and written coursework depending on the subject matter. Coursework and practical assessments are based on realistic workplace situations and live assignments where appropriate.
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 or above to include English
- Or level one diploma
- Or introductory diploma
- Or NVQ level one
- Or equivalent
A successful final grade on this course will lead directly on to the UAL Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma in Music Performance & Production Arts (Technology pathway)
To find out more about ERC Music, see our taster page or to arrange an informal visit and tour of the facilities please email:
Adam Dowd - [email protected], or call the tutor office on 01482 390987
You can also find out more about the music department via: https://linktr.ee/ercmusic
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.