Level Two Extended Certificate in Sport
This course will equip you with the necessary skills, experience, self-confidence and qualifications to work as a leisure and recreation assistant or coaching assistant at sports centres, health and fitness clubs, holiday camps and activity centres. Assignments are based on realistic workplace situations, such as designing training programmes and administering fitness tests. Functional skills will also be taught as part of the course. This diploma is equivalent to four GCSE passes.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
What will I study?
You will complete a number of units which are chosen from the following:
- Fitness testing and training
- Practical sports
- Outdoor and adventurous activities
- Development of personal fitness
- Psychology for sport performance
- Exercise and fitness instruction
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Effects of exercise on the body systems
- Nutrition for sports performance
- Work experience in the sport industry
- Planning and leading sport activities
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is based on the completion of assignment work and observation of tasks and activities.
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 or above to include English and Maths
- Or level one diploma
- Or introductory diploma
- Or NVQ level one
- Or equivalent
You could progress to our Level Three BTEC Diploma in Sport. Or you could progress into employment in the sports and leisure industry or obtain a sport apprenticeship.
All study programmes contain English and maths elements.
You will undertake work experience as part of this programme.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.