Level Two Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce
The course is for people working with children and/or young people aged 0-16 years, in a child care setting including a Day Nursery, Pre School, Primary school, Breakfast and After School clubs. Learners will receive practical training from their employer and theory at CTL.
What will I study?
The course has Mandatory and optional units. These make up a number of credits. Units include: Introduction to Communication,
- Introduction to Personal Development
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion
- Child and Young Person Development
- Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development
- Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Contribute to Children and Young People’s Health and Safety
- Support Children and Young People’s Positive Behaviour
- Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People
- Understand Partnership Working in Services for Children and Young People
- Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
- Managing Paediatric Illness and Injury
This course is enrolling now. Please visit the College Reception to enrol.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.