Level Two Certificate in Cleaning Knowledge and Skills - Online
The cleaning industry covers a diverse range of environments and skills, from laundry and domestic cleaning to commercial and specialised services. This varied industry employs around one million people in the UK and continues to grow across all sectors. Have you ever thought about pursuing a career in the cleaning industry, or simply want to gain a more thorough understanding of this fundamental skill to apply to your own situation at home or in the workplace? This qualification provides you with vital knowledge of the main principles and skills of cleaning that can be used across a range of environments.
Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
What will I study?
This course is split into six manageable units, covering the following topics:
- Unit 1: Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Unit 2: Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 3: Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry
- Unit 4: Infection control, RIDDOR and COSHH in cleaning settings
- Unit 5: Principles of decontamination, cleaning and waste management
- Unit 6: Cleaning of interiors and washrooms. (Unit 6 includes witness observations.)
How will I be assessed?
How will the course be delivered?
The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose where and when you study.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.