Level Two Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
A range of teaching methods including tutorial workshops and taught sessions.
What will I study?
- The roles and responsibilities of learning support assistants
- Institutional policies
- Exploring a range of different learning needs
- Planning support
- Working with other people
- Providing support using and adapting resources
- Promoting positive behaviour
- Reviewing and assessing learners' progress
- Evaluating support programmes and own practice
How will I be assessed?
Students will receive one-to-one support to build up a portfolio of work and will be observed and assessed in the workplace.
No formal entry requirements, but applicants must have a paid or voluntary work placement as a learning support/classroom assistant or similar (minimum of one day per week). Support from the school is required.
A formal interview or initial assessment to enrol for this course.
Level three Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
This course is enrolling now. Please visit the College Reception to enrol.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.