Level Two Certificate in Understanding Autism (Distance Learning)
This is a course completed through distance learning and you do not need to attend lessons at college. You will have an induction from a member of staff who will also monitor your progress. You will then work through a series of paper-based workbook and assessments which you will submit regularly to your named assessor. The course normally takes about three months, but can be done quicker. The course is accredited by NCFE.
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to develop their understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals to live healthy and fulfilled lives. The course will benefit anyone working, or looking to work, with individuals who have an autistic spectrum condition.
Throughout this qualification, you will gain an understanding of the different spectrum of autistic disorders and how they can affect people in a variety of ways, as well as explore the importance of using a person-centred approach to provide support. You will also understand how to use appropriate communication skills and positive behaviour to encourage individuals with autistic spectrum conditions to live fulfilling and independent lives.
Course Code PD019/1
What will I study?
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to autism
- Unit 2: Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Unit 3: Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Unit 4: Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Unit 5: Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Unit 6: Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
For more information please email [email protected]
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.