Level Two Award/Certificate Returners to the Workplace - Administration Route
This course is designed for people who may have had a break from work and who want to return to the workplace in an administrative role. This qualification can help you secure employment in a range of different organisations as a receptionist, clerk or receptionist.
What will I study?
- Communication in a business environment
- Principles of providing administrative services
- Principles of business document production and information management
- Understanding employer organisations
- Managing personal performance and development
- Developing working relationships with colleagues
- Health and safety in a business environment
- Using a telephone and voicemail system
- Meeting and welcoming visitors in a business environment
- Managing diary systems
- Producingbusiness documents
- Storing and retrieving information
- Handling mail
- Using and maintaining office equipment
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Using email
How will I be assessed?
You will spend two days, (which start at 10am and finish at 3 pm) per week in college and one day per week in a work placement where you will be observed by your assessor. You will collect relevant work-based evidence for your portolio units.
This course could lead to employment, or an Adult Apprenticeship or the Level Three Diploma in Business Administration programme.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.