Level Two Diploma for Early Years Practitioners
The aim of this qualification is to prepare learners to work with children between birth and five years, with knowledge of children up to seven years.
What will I study?
The qualification is structured around four themes:
- Theme 1: Introducing the role of the early years practitioner
- Theme 2: Legislation, framework and professional practice
- Theme 3: Play, development and learning for school readiness
- Theme 4: Professional development
- Support physical care routines for children
- An introduction to the role of the early years practitioner
- Understand how to plan to meet the needs of the developing child
- Supporting children’s play
Learners will also complete 250 placement hours for this qualification.
How will I be assessed?
All units will be internally assessed using a range of methods. This could include direct observation within the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task. Some learning outcomes within this qualification will require assessment in a real work environment.
- Four GCSEs grade D/3 and above, preferably including English and Maths
- Or level one diploma (Merit/C Grade)
- Or equivalent
Upon achievement of this qualification, learners can progress into various job roles in the statutory, voluntary or private sectors, such as:
- Nursery assistant
- Classroom assistant
- Pre-school assistant
If you complete this course you could progress onto a Level Three Certificate in Childcare and Education or an Apprenticeship.
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.