Level Two Diploma in Barbering
The Barbering qualifications are assessed in the workplace or a realistic working environment. The qualifications are likely to call for a variety of assessment methods and the national occupational standards define what is to be assessed.
This course is available as part of a full-time study programme for 16 to 18 year olds, and as a part time course for adults aged 19 and over. Please ask learner services for details.
For more information on how to enrol on this course, telephone 0345 120 0044
What will I study?
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in the hair
- Fulfil reception
- Assist with shaving services
- Colour and lighten hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
How will I be assessed?
Observation of performance, questioning and knowledge assessments, with both online e-assessment and paper tests available.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs grade D/3 or above to include English and Science
Or Level 1 in Hair and Beauty
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.