Level Two Diploma in Barbering
The Barbering qualifications are assessed in the workplace or a realistic working environment. The qualifications are likely to call for a variety of assessment methods and the national occupational standards define what is to be assessed.
What will I study?
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo. Condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in the hair
- Fulfil reception
- Assist with shaving services
- Colour and lighten hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
How will I be assessed?
Observation of performance, questioning and knowledge assessments, with both online e-assessment and paper tests available.
Level 3 Barbering
For start dates and fees, consult the relevant course guides below or you can request a prospectus by post.